An ANDON system is one of the principal elements of the Jidoka quality control method pioneered by Toyota as part of the Toyota Production System. Therefore, this is part of the LEAN production approach now.
The system typically indicates where the alert was generated, and may also provide a description of the trouble.
Juki VN is a factory specializing in manufacturing sewing machine mold. With the production process divided into different stages, it requires time accuracy in each stages.
ATSCADA Lab has just handed over the production management system – Andon to Juki Corporation.
The complete system helps to reduce waste products, save costs and improve production efficiency.
II. Andon system for production line
Describe the working process of the system
The system includes hardware equipment and software. They are connected to each other via a wireless network – Lora.
The manufacturing process consists of 3 stages: drying, firing and cooling.
- The industrial computer – model: ATBOX-G4, ATBOX-J1900 is the central processor, running Andon software.
– ATBOX-J1900 runs software to collect data from barcode scanners.
– ATBOX-G4 runs ATSCADA software to manage the entire Andon system of the factory.
>>> Reference: IPC – model: ATBOX series
- Modbus RTU – RS485 to LORA converter – model: AT-RS485/LORA
It changes from RS485 – wired network to LORA – wireless network. This is a long distance that has been tested up to 4000m.
- Smart IO – model: AT-DIO8, no programming required
AT-DIO8 for connection to tower lights and push buttons. it receives the signal from the push button at the input and controls the tower light at the output.
This smart IO has modbus RTU – RS485 protocol so it connects to AT-RS485/LORA.
- Barcode: scan barcodes on products. Manage the product during push in/ out.
- Andon tower light with green, yellow, red
When an andon light comes on, its color can signal to workers to tend to the quality or process change.
Each color is assigned to represent a different state. Thereby, the operator can accurately monitor the production situation.
In the Andon system of Juki factory, the color of the lights is specified as follows:
– Red: in the process of drying/ firing/ cooling.
– Yellow: left 15-minute to complete that stage.
– Green: finished, moving to the next stage.
- Push button: confirm the process put product in, take product out.
- The system has smart TVs and LCD screens for monitoring at production lines and offices.
- In addition, webform software package allows remote monitoring on computers, laptops, smartphones, tablets, …
– Monitoring the operation status of all stages
– Allows setting indicators: target, model, stage, …
– Real-time data collection
– Save data to MySQL database
– Report to excel file
– Remote monitoring on mobile devices.
IV. The benefits of the Andon system
- Time savings – Reduced costs and cycle time
- Visibility and transparency
- Increased productivity and efficiency
- Decreased waste
- Improved product quality
- Enhanced value to the customer because of better quality products
- Information collection.
>>> Visit our booth on alibaba
If you are interested in the Andon system, please contact us.
Hotline: (+84) 28 3842 5226 – ext. 103 or (+84) 909 965 380.
Mail: email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org.